ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: How to Build a Great Team
As a leader I would consider the following criteria when building your talent pool or team bench strength. These are the kinds of attitudes, talents, knowledge, skills and strengths I would be looking for in all individuals selected for my team.
• Does the individual show the potential to make a positive business impact on the present goals and future direction of the organization?
• Does the individual know their strengths so they can be placed in the right job?
• Does the individual demonstrate or are they working on developing the kind of attitude and presence that inspires confidence in you and others?
• Does the individual demonstrate the desire and passion required to win in their present position?
• Does the individual understand the organizations vision, strategy, goals and direction?
• Does the individual inspire others to defer to him/her on matters where he/she has expertise?
• Does the individual show and demonstrate respect at all levels within the organization including supervisors, peers, and subordinates and outside of the organization with suppliers, customers and the community?
• Does the individual possess the kind of communication skills that can effectively present ideas, concepts and policies that support and accomplish their specific organizational strategies, goals and objectives?
• Does the individual demonstrate the ability to take the smart risks required in completing an important project?
• Does the individual have a track record of living and fostering the desired culture of the organization?
Success in the workplace is no different than success in sports. It’s about having the best talent and using that talent, knowledge, skill and strength in the right place at the right time so you and your team can win the game. Do you know who your best talent is? Have you told them? Are you taking care of them? If not…Why not?
Bottom line…Do you have the right “bench strength talent” to win!
You MAY reprint the information contained in this article as long as no portion of the contents are modified and it used “exclusively” within your organization and credit is given to Ingbretsen Consulting. Please contact for republication.
About Ingbretsen Consulting LLC:
Coach and author Roger Ingbretsen is a certified executive coach and organizational developer, providing organizational and career guidance to professionals, managers, supervisors and all individuals looking for "real world" career development and business information. His entrepreneurial approach will help you learn how to plan, lead and succeed in your career. Roger is the creator of the “Leadership Development Coaching Experience©” and author of the personal development reference eBooks, “Plan Your Career Now: The Survival Guide for the American Workplace” and “Master Your Career: Proven Strategies for Career Success©.” To know more and claim dozens of Rogers free articles go to www.ingbretsen.com or call 509 999 7008.